Wednesday 24 October 2012

HOW TO: Benches with Loz Taylor

This week we invited former-Federal BMX extraordinaire and part-time eco-warrior, Larry Taylor, to share a few tips on Bench Riding. Plastic, wood, metal, concrete or even a memorial bench, this guide will see you right.

"My favourite benches are plastic. They are just brill. I found this one at dinner whilst tucking into my mung bean and lentil wrap. Yummy."

 "Don't be scared to spend a long time practicing on those benches. My friends used to call it training when I did it but who got hooked up with Seventies and where are they now! Practice pays..."

"Don't let a bit of rain put you off! Again, the more you ride the better you get. I'm getting free bike stuff so it was definitely worth them wet sessions."

"Try not to be stiff landing tricks as this will lessen the impact of your style. Baggy clothes and big beanies are useful to disguise any stiffness. Failing that, try weed."

"Weed and speed is all I need!"

 "The money shot! And just remember to remember that practice makes better the more you perfect it."

 "Thanks for looking, guys. Be sure to check Vimby for my new edit Amazonian 'Andrails dropping in a few weeks. Now where's my flapjack....?"

1 comment: